B2B lead generation is the key to acquiring new prospects interested in what your B2B company has to offer. The more leads you bring in, the better it is for your business, making lead generation an invaluable part of commerce.
There are many ways to generate these leads, including email marketing, inbound marketing, terrestrial and online advertisements, content marketing, social media marketing, etc. No matter what kind of marketing collateral you use, it is important first to identify what your target audience is most interested in. Then shape your content to align with their needs to capture a lead with their information and add them to your sales pipeline.
Read ahead to see why lead generation is essential and how it can help you grow your business.
Why Is Lead Generation Important?
Whether a business is big or small, all of them rely heavily on lead generation to find people who'd be willing to buy from them. These leads spend a considerable amount of time interacting with your site and show an interest in your products, deals, and offers.
Every new lead is the opportunity to create a potential customer, increasing your chances of making more revenue. As a result, lead generation is an essential part of a B2B business too.
More specifically, lead generation helps sales and marketing in the following ways:
- B2B lead generation helps you identify your target market and how much of it will respond favourably to your pitch. This is possible as you get a chance to understand your customers and learn about where they spend most of their time to see if your pitch aligns with their interests
- It helps you contact and engage with the right customers by providing you with the most recent data of your customers
- With the awareness of your customer's interests, you can create targeted content that is valuable and relevant. Such content, coupled with its amplified online presence, will build brand awareness and those who previously didn't know you will get a chance to do so
- B2B lead generation allows you to track and measure all your marketing activities to avoid a scattergun approach
What Are Great Lead Generation Tools?
Lead generation not only increases the traffic to your website but also helps you gather the relevant information to contact targeted leads and turn them into loyal customers. However, this cannot happen without the appropriate tools.
Here are some of the best lead generation tools:
Inbound Lead Generation
Inbound lead generation tools bring a high number of leads to your website and channels. Some of these are:
- Quora: It provides information and facts about your business, conveying your expertise to potential customers.
- Everwebinar: Helps in email marketing, increasing attendance and engagement by alerting users about the next webinar.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator: Lead capturing tool that gives lead recommendations and shows who has viewed your profile. You can save leads from here directly into your CRM.
Outbound Lead Generation
Outbound lead generation tools let you identify leads and send messages to them through outbound channels like calls, emails, etc. These tools include:
- SendBlaster: A bulk email sender allowing you to make emails by editing its libraries' templates and sending them to unlimited people.
- BuzzBuilder: It increases the number of your emails that are opened and read, encouraging respondents to take some action.
- Hunter.io: Helps you access any web domain and find the associated email addresses to help you choose your email targets.
On-Page Lead Generation
These tools allow you to catch the leads on your website. Some of these tools are:
- Unbounce: It is a highly advanced drag and drops landing page builder that attracts leads
- Intercom: Allows direct communication with leads who visit your website, like an online chat on the site
These tools generate more traffic from paid and organic search and increase on-site leads.
- SEMRush: This SEO tool provides on-site auditing and monitors your website's health
- Ahrefs: This is a link building tool with a backlink checker in it
- Twilio: This communications system allows the integration of voice calls and SMS into any application and tracks calls to avoid falling through
What Are The Best Ways For B2B Lead Generation?
Not every lead generation strategy is meant to bring targeted and high-quality leads. Analyze your company goals and figure out which methods work best for you to generate surefire results. These include the creation of lead generation blogs, among many others.
Let's see some of the best ways to generate B2B leads:
Write Blogs And Get Published On The Internet
More often than not, you will find business websites to have a section where they publish their latest articles and blogs. These written materials are great for showing off their industry expertise and providing value to site visitors. Blog sections can also include videos and infographics that make big data and statistics more palatable for the general audiences.
Use your company blog to educate, inform and entertain decision-makers, and they'll learn to rely on you for valuable information and insights into the topic. Quality B2B lead generation blogs invoke readers' interest and also generate backlinks when posted to other sites.
Work With A Reliable Lead Generation Company
One of the best ways to reach quality leads is with the help of professionals. While B2B lead generation companies require significant investment, they provide great ROI. They have the knowledge, skills, tools, and experience needed to give you the best results.
Create Effective CTAs
Optimize your landing pages and provide a clear message through it with the help of a Call-To-Action (CTA) button to drive focus towards it. To encourage your visitors to click on these and turn them into leads, make sure the button is cleverly designed with the proper shape, color, and size.
How To Get Started Fast With B2B Lead Generation?
B2B lead generation can be done using several readily available tools and tactics. But the most foolproof way to do it is working with B2B lead generation companies that generate high-quality leads.
However, the most reliable and traditional ways to generate leads fast as a beginner include LinkedIn and Email Outreach.
LinkedIn and Email Outreach, also known as 'cold email,' is a B2B lead generation method marketers use for the quickest results. This method is specifically designed to be focused and fast.
Here is how it works:
Identifying Your Audience
This involves understanding your target audience's business type, industry, job types, and location, etc. Furthermore, you can identify the key benefits and features that your service or product offers and link those to the needs of those you will contact.
Data mining would entail using sources such as email and LinkedIn that have a database of more than 22 million businesses. Partner with the right database service to find contact information for the right people and close more deals.
Launching LinkedIn and Email Outreach Campaigns
Your campaigns can be segmented appropriately now that you have the information regarding your target audience. Segment campaigns according to messaging, business type, industry, job types, location, etc.
What Are The Benefits Of B2B Lead Generation?
B2B lead generation powers marketing and sales in a statistical and quantifiable format to make it easier to understand your audience and cater to them.
Here are several other reasons why businesses indulge in B2B lead generation:
- Generates awareness about your brand
- A notable increase in sales
- Leads to a positive ROI
- Targets your ideal customers
- Helps you collect vital information about prospective clients
- More cost-effective than other advertising campaigns
How To Improve The Quality Of B2B Lead Generation?
B2B leads are essential for your business’s growth, but there is no point in having 100 leads when 70 of them won't turn into loyal customers. As a result, it is essential to prioritize the quality of your leads over their quantity.
Some of the ways you can do so are:
Target Specific Keywords
Keywords form an integral part of your search campaign. Use them in your web content to signal to search engines how you can help visitors and what kind of problems you can solve for the people
In essence, keywords decide your position in search results, the ad copies you write, and the landing pages you use. Generally, it is better to give more weightage to long-tail keywords as they mimic search queries used by your leads and prospects.
Create Targeted Landing Pages
While you want more people to visit your website, it is a better strategy to design separate landing pages for each specific segment of your audience, so you speak directly to them.
This helps them figure out that you really do have the solution to their problems, making it easier to turn them into leads. Highlight the main characteristics of your company or your product to educate the visitors right away and get them to sign up.
Use carefully designed forms to get more detailed information from qualified and prospective leads. This data could include company name, job title, industry, etc., to get a more focused insight on who's attracted to your offerings.
How Much Should You Pay For B2B Leads?
The price you pay for your B2B leads depends on your budget and the services you opt for. However, several other variables decide these prices, including the B2B lead generation pricing structure.
Is Lead Generation A Part Of Sales Or Marketing?
Lead generation is the combined effort of both sales and marketing. Before a marketing lead reaches sales, it has to qualify through an automated process and become a sales qualified lead. On the other hand, a sales lead can generally go to the sales team directly.
Marketing is usually responsible for lead generation, while the sales team takes care of choosing the highest quality leads and creating strategies to win them over.
B2B lead generation is an essential part of your business’s growth, allowing you to engage with your targeted business audience. With this access to your target audience, you can turn them into potential leads and later into loyal customers, increasing your profits.